It’s true, life is amazing when things seem to be going right. Our bills are paid, we have a roof over our head, clothes on our backs, food to eat, and our relationships are all on good notes. However, we would be lying, to ourselves and others, if we didn’t say there are times when life just seems to suck. Whether we’re dealing with issues at work or work is the issue, our relationship has been rocky, or we just feel like we aren’t where we feel like we’re supposed to be, life can begin to feel overwhelming. All the right ingredients for a recipe of stress.
Some Symptoms of stress include:
- Low energy
- Easily agitated
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Avoiding others
- Inability to focus
Yet here are 5 healthy habits to make your adulting just a little bit easier.
- Get Your Beauty Rest According to the American Psychological Association “sleep is so crucial that even slight sleep deprivation or poor sleep can affect memory, judgment or mood.” Ensure you are getting the recommended 6-8 hours each night and disconnect for electronics at least an hour before going to sleep. This helps to reduce the exposure to blue light that keeps us awake and allows that natural melanian to do what it’s best at, getting us a great nights rest.
- Come Thru Drippin Cardi B definitely knows how to come thru drippin’ with ice, as in her song Drip. Yet, I’m talking about coming thru drippin with sweat. The ADAA states “exercise and other physical activity produce endorphins—chemicals in the brain that act as natural painkillers—and also improve the ability to sleep, which in turn reduces stress.” So, go get active…and by active I don’t mean go to the gym and then sit on your phone, scrolling through Instagram. That doesn’t count. Whether it’s going for a walk, an at-home workout, or grab your best friend, get active.
- Get Organized Stress can be immediately reduced if our environment has a sense of organization. Your outward living can reflect what’s going on internally. Whether it’s cleaning up, planning your day and setting goals, or checking things off your to-do this, getting your physical life in order can drastically decrease stress you feel.
- Meditate This, by far, is the simplest way to start reducing your stress because it takes literally nothing at all to start. You simply just begin. Block a certain time each day for at least five minutes, find a nice quiet place, and close your eyes. It may seem silly at first, especially if it’s your first time. If you need help learning how to meditate, I like to search visual meditations, on Youtube, to help keep my focus. Here is one of my favorites to listen to.
- Treat Yo’self Self-care is important now more than ever. With the constant use of social media, people are more stressed because they feel the need to keep up with the perfect lives of that are portrayed. Sometimes we just need to unplug and do things for ourselves without the need to post it. Go get that mani/pedi, massage, or spend time doing something you love. Either way, making sure you are taking care of you, first, is a great way towards having a stress free week.
I hope these 5 healthy tips can help you towards having a stress free week. What are some ways you manage/reduce stress?I hope these 5 healthy tips can help you towards having a stress free week. What are some ways you manage/reduce stress? Click To Tweet
_sincerelytrill is a twenty something from Texas. She’s into fashion, fitness, and loves motivating others. Her blog, Trill Thrills, mission is to inspire others to love themselves, flaws and all. Hope to see you there for the latest read.